Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is a type of artificial insemination which includes the procedure for treating infertility. Sperms are washed and concentrated or placed directly into the uterus around the time when the ovary releases one or more eggs to be fertilized. The cost is quite similar in all the countries, including the iui cost singapore.
What does the IUI procedure include?
The treatment involves inserting the prepared sperm sample from a donor or the partner through the cervix (the neck of the womb) into the uterus. If the female partner is diagnosed with unexplained infertility, male fertility issues, or hostile cervical mucus, then one could go for an IUI procedure that includes-
- The treatment starts by monitoring the woman’s menstrual cycle for two weeks, determining the day of ovulation.
- Once the egg becomes mature, it starts to break free from the ovary and begins its journey through the fallopian tube, marking the start of oblation. The ovulation process occurs either naturally or is induced by artificial hormones simulation.
- Healthy sperm is later inserted directly into the uterus via a thin catheter, which leaves fertilization to happen as it would in a natural cycle. The discomfort experienced is keen to a pap smear.
How does a woman need to prepare for IUI treatment?
For the IUI treatment to be successful, female candidates should-
- Be able to Ovulate– An ideal female candidate has a regular menstrual cycle. If they suffer from ablation issues such as fertility injections or PCOS, an old medication would be given to stimulate the ovaries to prepare for IUI.
- Have a Healthy, Interact Uterus- It is essential to have a healthy uterus as it is needed to ensure there are fertilized eggs that could attach themselves to the uterus lining and sustain the pregnancy. Infection, previous trauma, and hereditary issues could damage the uterus and make becoming pregnant or carrying the pregnancy problematic. IUI has a lower success rate in such cases, and surgery or surrogacy may be recommended assaulted procedures.
- Have Unobstructed Fallopian Tubes – The fallopian tubes should be unobstructed to be given away for fertilization. Women with endometriosis or prior infections might carry scar tissue that could obstruct these tubes, hindering egg transport and fertilization.
Along with the female, the male candidate should also produce healthy sperm in adequate numbers. Otherwise, the donor sperm or IVF with ICSI might be recommended.
One could visit the O&G Specialist Clinic in Singapore or a set of virtual consultations to discuss the treatment, costs, and more.