Many of us like durian, which is known as the king of fruits. People who like durian can’t get enough of its rich, creamy flesh, but people who don’t like it can smell the strong smell from metres away. Whether you like it or not, durian is good for you in more ways than you think. Don’t feel bad about eating it! Find out more about how eating durian is good for your health below.
1. Durian makes you happy. You’re not just happy because the durian’s flesh tastes good. This sweet fruit has chemicals in it that make you feel good. Tryptophan, which is found in durian, is turned into serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter that makes you feel happy and calm. So eating durian will naturally make you feel better.
2. Durian can help you sleep. You can sleep better if you eat the king of fruits. The amino acid tryptophan, which is found in durian, is turned into melatonin, which is a hormone that controls your sleep cycle. The more melatonin you have in your body, the easier it is to go to sleep.
3. Durian helps keep blood pressure in check. Potassium, an electrolyte that helps keep blood pressure steady, is found in a lot of durian. High blood pressure, also called hypertension, can cause heart disease, stroke, and kidney failure, among other health problems.
4. Durian is a great way to get energy. Durian is a great snack to eat before you work out. It has a lot of carbs, which give you energy quickly and keep you going strong while you work out.
5. Durian is good for your bones. Minerals like iron and copper are important for strong bones. And there are a lot of these minerals in durian. A study by the National Centre for Biotechnology Information found that getting more iron helped to make bones stronger, while getting more calcium didn’t make much of a difference.
6. Durian can make your skin look good. Durian has more vitamin C than most tropical fruits. Each serving (two medium seeds) has 11.6 mg of vitamin C. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that fights free radicals in your body. This makes pigmentation and wrinkles look less obvious. The skin is damaged by free radicals when it is exposed to things like cigarette smoke and the sun’s UV rays.
7. Durian makes you want to have more sex. Asians know that durian is a food that makes people more sexually interested. In fact, an old Indonesian saying goes, “When the durians fall, the sarong goes up.” Even if durian doesn’t make a big difference in your libido, it has a lot of vitamins and minerals that are good for your health as a whole. Win-win! Get a durian delivery service! Buy it online now!